Travel is like love, mostly because it's a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.
Barbara joins the Escapes.ca family with over 10 years of experience in the travel industry. Her knowledge in coordinating multi-generational travels gives Barbara the ability to plan family getaways that are unforgettable, fun and stress-free. Aside from her industry expertise, Barb is also an avid traveler herself, occasionally satisfying her feelings of wanderlust by visiting warm and sunny destinations.
My areas of expertise:
Where I've Been
- Caribbean: Jamaica, Negril, Bahamas, Antigua, Bahamas, Turks & Caicos
- Mexico: Riviera Maya, Cancun, Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Punta Cana
- North America: Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Houston
In a Nutshell
- Most memorable travel experience: My husband and I did our 7-year Vow-Renewal at Sandals Ochi Beach. With the Caribbean Sea in the background and just the two of us, it was the perfect moment!
- My top 3 favourite resort destinations: Jamaica, Antigua, Riviera Mayan.
- My favourite resort: Sandals Ochi Beach, Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
- Why is it my favourite: It has a vibrant beach culture, lush gardens, world-class dining, butler service and private pools. The champion golf course was a great bonus. I believe this is the perfect place for couples who are looking for Romance!
- Travel Advice I can give to anyone: Always purchase travel insurance. Had to personally use it for a family member and without it we would have had a huge medical bill!
- Where I'm planning to go next: Fall 2017, Moon Palace, Riviera Maya, Mexico.
- People in the office know me to be very: Bubbly and knowledgeable!